Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trusting God

Dear Ladies,

We did it. We bought a car. Our car was starting to have too many problems, so we were looking and praying. We needed something REALLY big, since two boys have very long legs. We bought a used conversion van complete with a CD player, 2 cassette playes and a TV, plus plenty of room for long legs.

Before my trip to Illinois we looked at a van, the frame was unusually rusty. Neither one of us felt real comfortable buying it. I had prayed about making the trip and told the Lord I either needed a van or I would have to trust Him to get me there and back. Obviously I ended up trusting Him. The van did fine. Two weeks later, we pulled into the driveway on a Thursday night having had no car problems. Friay morning the tailpipe was dragging. Sunday morning on the way to church a little light informed us there was a problem with the ABS brakes. WOW!! I know it isn't coincidence that the van was fine until the morning after we pulled into our driveway. It is almost like God was revealing to me that indeed He was the one who helped that van make the trip.

God wants to hear your needs and desires. Talk to Him like you would a dotting grandfather. I recently told Him that I didn't know what to do with my kids for history. I don't have a curriuculum for history and wasn't sure how to handle it for this school year. Wiithin days an idea formed in my brain. We are busy making timeline books for major events between the late 1800's and the present. It's working great and everyone is happy. Where did the idea come from, I believe God planted it.

He cares about all the issues that come up in our everyday life. He cares that the cost of groceries is hurting your family, He cares that the baby is teething, He cares a friend hurt your feelings, He cares your husband is out of town again. Share those things with Him. Talk to Him while you work, as you're falling asleep at night or while you're drinking you rmorning cup of coffee. He justs wants to hear from you, He just wants you to ask.
Give it a try and if you like let me know what happens.

Blessings to all of you. Have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Split Decisionz